Guidelines for Applicants
The LCCC Young Artist of the Year Award is designed to support the development of young local artists aged 16-25 working in any art form. A total award of £1000 may be made to one or more individual artists, to support arts projects, residencies or approved study over and above full-time second or third level education.
The award may also cover the purchase of specialised equipment/materials or travel and attendance at arts events outside of Northern Ireland. All activities, which are grant-aided through this award, must contribute to the individual career development of the young artist and/or arts development in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area. All art forms are eligible for consideration including music, visual art, drama, dance, film making and multimedia.
The Young Artist of the Year Award is open to those aged 16-25. Young artists must demonstrate sufficient artistic ability to carry out the project and must also have been born in, or be currently resident in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate high levels of individual achievement within their art form. Each application will be assessed individually. The benefits for arts development within Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area will also be assessed.
Levels of grant aid
This Young Artist of the Year Award is an annual one-off award of up to £1,000.
Awards will be paid out in two stages. An initial award of 75% of the total amount will be paid on acceptance of the award with the remaining 25% payable on submission of a completed post-project report and invoice.
- The successful applicant must accept in writing any award given and submit a relevant acceptance form within 2 weeks of the date of the letter. In the event of this deadline not being adhered to, the offer will be withdrawn.
- A post project evaluation report must be completed.
- The award must be acknowledged on any print material associated with the project, the official Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council logo must also be used.
- The successful applicant must make provision, if requested, for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to display promotional pop-up stand/s where appropriate at the event/activity/exhibition in acknowledgement for the award.
- Reference must be made to the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council’s support in any press releases and other publicity associated with the event.
- The successful applicant must co-operate fully with Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council’s monitoring and evaluation processes and submit invoices/receipts and bank statements one month after the activity has ended to provide evidence of the encashment of all payments relating to spend.
- The award must be used by 31st March 2022.
- All funding from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council must be used for the purpose for which the application was initially made. Any circumstances where this stipulation is not adhered to satisfactorily, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council will insist on full repayment of the funding allocated. If any change is to occur in relation to any of the activities for which funding has been received Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council must be informed immediately.
- The successful applicant is responsible for making any necessary arrangements regarding the payment of Income Tax, National Insurance and the like.
- The successful applicant is required to invite a representative from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to any event/activity/exhibition related to the award.
- The successful applicant must agree to participate in publicity opportunities connected to the award, as arranged by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council.
- Applications for the Young Artist of the Year Award will be accepted on the official application form only.
- Individual applicants may be required to present details in person to the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council panel, if requested as part of a shortlisting process.
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council panel’s decisions are final.
- All applicants will be informed of decision in writing and no further communication will be entered into.
Applications to the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council Young Artist of the Year Award will be assessed on an annual basis. The deadline for receipt of submissions is 12 noon on Thursday 22nd July 2021.
Following a decision by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council panel, applicants will be contacted by letter to inform them of the outcome of their application. This usually takes approximately 3 weeks from the application deadline.
If you have any problems filling in your Application Form, please contact Lynda McCord, Assistant Community Arts Officer using email@example.com
or 07887 625602.